- Login to your Namecheap account
- Go to Domain List (in the left sidebar), choose the domain that you want to use and click on Manage
- Click on the Advanced DNS tab
- Click on Add New Record in the Host Records section and select "CNAME Record" from the dropdown list
- Fill out the form:
- Host: For a subdomain (e.g. "demo" or "www"), enter the subdomain only. If you are trying to add a CNAME for your naked domain (e.g. "example.com"), note that this is not supported by Namecheap. In that case, you will need to add an A record pointing to your server's IP address (shown in Sites and Databases > Domains).
- Value: Enter the hostname of your server (e.g. "your-server.mach4.io", shown in Sites and Databases > Domains).
- TTL (Time To Live): Leave to the default value, or specify a duration in seconds.
- Click on Save All Changes to create the record
You might have to wait a little while before the new entry is active and fully propagated.
For more information regarding the procedure, see https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9646/2237/how-can-i-set-up-a-cname-record-for-my-domain or open a support ticket.