- Login to your GoDaddy account
- Go to Domains, choose the domain that you want to use and click on Manage DNS
- On the DNS Management page, click on Add at the bottom of the Records section
- Fill out the form:
- Type: Select "CNAME"
- Host: For a subdomain (e.g. "demo" or "www"), enter the subdomain only. If you are trying to add a CNAME for your naked domain (e.g. "example.com"), note that this is not supported by GoDaddy. In that case, you will need to add an A record pointing to your server's IP address (shown in Sites and Databases > Domains).
- Points to: Enter the hostname of your server (e.g. "your-server.mach4.io", shown in Sites and Databases > Domains).
- TTL (Time To Live): Leave to the default value, or specify a duration in seconds.
- Click on Save to create the record
You might have to wait a little while before the new entry is active and fully propagated.
For more information regarding the procedure, see https://godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236 or open a support ticket.